Sandune Archery Club
Stay in touch

Sandune Archery Club is on Facebook! Follow us for events, scores, and alerts. Email us and let us know what you think. Send suggestions to our Message Board.


to access 2016 Monthly Minutes

Mouse to Reports (top menu tab above), mouse to Monthly Minutes.
AND
Mouse to month, day and year of desired meeting minutes and click to view.
OR
Scroll up/down page to view desired monthly minute(s).


Click Reports (top menu tab above), to return to Reports page.

to access 2016 Annual Report (available early 2017)

NOTE: All reports open as PDF documents in a new tab in your browser. Mouse to the X on the new tab and click to close when done.

Mouse to Reports (top menu tab above), mouse to 2016 Annual Report and click to view.



Click Reports (top menu tab above), to return to Reports page.




July Monthly Meeting Minutes 7-12-2016

Meeting called to order by John Black, VP at 7:09pm.
Members in attendance; Kelley Rogers, John Black, Ron Connelly, Tim Smith, Beth and Keith Anctil, Dick and Janice Helms, Mike Baker, Johnny Mitchell, Howard Grosser, and Brent Qualls.

Treasurer's report given by Tim Smith - $790 in visitor fees collected during World NASP. Total of $3,164.29 in club account.

   New Business
  •   Welcome new member Mike Baker. Everyone introduces themselves.
  •   Club 4Wheeler has a serious fuel leak and needs repair. Kelly will contact repairman and see that it gets fixed so that targets can be moved back into place.
  •   Targets need to be refaced. Members will work together to try to get this done soon. Maybe as soon as Sunday morning.
  •   Sandune Members Shoot will be held on October 22, 2016 at 10am – 2pm. Food will be provided by the club and members and guests will shoot for free. Discussion about setting up a 3D tournament and Vegas and 5 Spot tournament for members to try. This event is held every year to give members a chance to get together and have fun. All members are welcome.
  •   Generator will need to be brought back to Home Depot under warrantee. Cannot be repaired. Tim Smith will do this.
  •   Kelly Rogers reports that Eastern Sales is now open for indoor archery and will be hosting Monday night tournaments. Hunter and open classes. More info to come about events at Eastern Sales.
  •   Awards for the 900 shoot will be organized by Howard to bring to the Swampfox shoot which is also the end of year banquet in which shooter of the year is awarded. Several members of Sandune have been competing for this SCAA award. Several members will be attending this shoot. Motion is made by Beth Anctil for Sandune to purchase a 3D target from Bass Pro to bring to this event for raffle. Kelly will purchase this target with club money on behalf of the club.
  Old Business:
  •   World NASP was supported by Sandune Archery Club with members being line officials at the IBO tournament held at Socastee High School during the week of June 22 – 26. In appreciation the IBO gifted all the inserts used in the 33 targets to the club. These inserts are in good condition with only one side shot out by the kids in the event. Club members are grateful for the support the IBO showed in giving Sandune these target insert. Also SC DNR gifted the club with 16 Morrell targets also used in the World NASP Tournament held at the MB Sports Complex. These targets will be used to support the NASP kids events held at Sandune.

Meeting adjourned at 7:55pm with agreement for next meeting to be held on August 9 at 7pm. All meetings are open to the public.

Respectfully submitted,
Beth Anctil, Secretary

top of page



June Monthly Meeting Minutes 6-14-2016

  Meeting called to order by Kelly Rogers at 7:15 pm.
  Members in attendance; Kelly Rogers, John Black, Ron Connelly, Tim Smith, Beth Anctil, Dick and Janice Helms, Kevin Wade, Johnny Mitchell, Howard Grosser.

New Business

      • Kelly thanks club members for all their hard work for helping Crossways Church Food Bank at the Saturday June 11 shoot. Beth reports that Dean Lancaster          from the Church thanks members for the support and enthusiasm for this event. $2700 was raised and with the non perishables donated it will carry the food          bank to November. Kelly also said that the regional director from ASA, Nancy Carter, was at the shoot and was very impressed with the club. Tim Smith will send          in the ASA qualifier report. 14 people qualified for ASA.

      • Talked about bow trees. All bow trees will be removed. The current decaying presure treated bow trees present a safety issue for both archers and their          equipment. To put in PVC is costly and most people don’t use them.

      • June 18 will be a clean- up day to move targets to set up NASP range. Members will meet at the club at 8am. The NASP range will be set up to accommodate all          the kids who are coming to World NASP June 22 – 26. Teams and families will sign up online as visitors and will have access to the practice range. All members          are welcome to help in any way they can. Members who help with cleanup days get to shoot at club shoots for free. Since we don’t have any more shoots this          year you will get credit to a shoot next year.

      • Discussion about a computer to input scores at club shoots. Tim Smith donates a Toshiba laptop that Johnny Mitchell will set up for use. Thanks to the Smith          family for the donation. It will make keeping score a speedy process and help get reports sent in to SCAA in a timely manner.

      • Member cards are done away with. Beth reports the time and effort and cost is just not worth having them. New members will get an email with a new member          letter attached and if anyone wants a club sticker they can ask for one at any of the club shoots.

      • Meeting adjourned at 8:09pm with agreement for next meeting to be held on July 12 at 7pm. All meetings are open to the public.

  Respectfully submitted,
  Beth Anctil, SAC Secretary

top of page



May Monthly Meeting Minutes 5-10-2016

  Meeting called to order by John Black at 7:08pm. John Mitchell opened our meeting with a prayer.
  Other members in attendance were, Kelly Rogers, Brent Qualls, Howard Grosser, Janice and Dick Helms.

New Business

      • Treasurer Tim Smith reports $2776.14 as the balance in our club account. Congratulations to Tim's wife Dana. She is receiving her college degree tonight.

      • Crossway Food Bank Charity 3D and an ASA Qualifier Archery Tournaments will be held on Saturday, June 11th. Setup at 4:30pm on Friday, June 10th.

      • 2016 NASP World Tournament will be held on June 24th — 26th at the Myrtle Beach Sports Center.

      • Spring Archery For Kids Day is postponed until fall.

      • Rivertown Archery will open soon.

      • Discussion — NASP in Horry County schools is growing stronger and larger every year with more schools and students participating. Many students are very          competitive and great shooters. But, some of the parents cannot afford to buy competitive equipment nor can they sent their child to regional, state, and          national tournaments even if the child is qualified. Should Sandune Archery Club sponsor a child each year and provide equipment or financial assistance for          these needs? Effluent neighborhoods and their families are less likely to need assistance. Should these areas be excluded from consideration? Do we start with a          member from our club and each year expand out into the schools for a selection? Email us your thoughts, comments and recommendations.

      • Discussion — Possible team shoot for clubs like ASA Team Shoot. Maybe participation with Broken Arrow Club.

      • Five new practice lanes have been added at our club.

      • Club paid for shirts of value ~ $400.

  Meeting adjourned at 7:45pm with agreement for next meeting to be held on June 14th at 7pm.

  Special thanks to Janice Helms for taking our business meeting minutes.
  Respectfully submitted,
  John Mitchell, SAC Webmaster
  

top of page



April Monthly Meeting Minutes 4-12-2016

  Meeting called to order by Kelly Rogers at 7:04 pm.
  Members in attendance: John Black, Kelly Rogers, Howard Grosser, Tim Smith, Beth Anctil, Brent Qualls.

New Business

      • John and Kelly asks members if a gift card can be purchased for Shawn Dixon who helped with all of the registrations and scoring for the 900 event. Members          agree on a card.

      • Talked about bow trees. There was talk of replacing all the bow trees but the decision is now to just move old bow trees to the new lanes. Some will be cut to          shorten and make easier for people to use.

      • Tim gives Beth check for SCAA to complete all the reports for the shoots in 2016. Beth will complete these reports and mail in the fees this week.

      • Tim Smith reports there is $3350.00 in the club account..

      • Club needs to get new awards for big events and organize them to get them to the participants.

Old Business

      • Saturday, June 11 Crossways Food Bank is our next club shoot. It is a one day event. Non perishable food donations will be taken and all proceeds will go to          support the food bank.

      • Girl Scout badge training went great. The girls shot donuts. Had a lot of fun.

      • The Sandune 900 was well attended with 57 shooters and 37 3D shooters.

      • John is ordering the shooter shirts for working members to wear at World NASP and other big archery events they volunteer at. Names will be printed on the          back of the shirt with the club logo.

      • Discussion —  about how to get people involved in the club activities. Talk about raising the membership dues and having people work off their dues. Other          options are discussed.

      • Volunteers Needed — We need help with the range upkeep and other work that needs to be done to keep Sandune Archery Club going. Lack of participation is          making working club members over tired and we have had to not participate in many events due to lack of help. The Socastee Heritage day and the Medieval Fair          are two events we did not go to this year.

  Meeting adjourned at 8:10pm with agreement for next meeting to be held on May 10th at 7pm.

  Respectfully submitted,
  Beth Anctil, SAC Secretary

top of page



March Monthly Meeting Minutes 3-8-2016

  New Business (via text messaging)

  •   Majority quorum vote for no business meeting this month.
This allowed interested staff and club members to travel to an event in Kentucky.

  Respectfully posted,
  John Mitchell, SAC Webmaster

top of page



February Monthly Meeting Minutes 2-9-2016

Meeting called to order by Kelly Rogers at 7:05pm.
Members in attendance; John Black, Tim Smith, Beth Anctil, Brent Qualls, Pete Janos, Phil Cooper.
Tim Smith says prayer to open the meeting.

  New Business

Welcome Christy from Girl Scout Troop 919. She is asking club to host an instructional archery day for her Girl Scout Cadettes. Approximately 12 young girls. Information is given to Beth Anctil about the badge requirements. Club members agree to hold this event for this troop and others as needed. Troop 919 will be at the club on Saturday April 2 at 10am. The event will last until approximately 12pm. John Black, Tim Smith will host it with additional volunteers from Sandune.

  •   The club is extremely wet from the recent rains. This will make setup at the range difficult for this weekend’s 3D shoot. Club members will be notified by Facebook and email to make sure they wear boots for the event and that the course has parts with lots of water. SCAA will be contacted also.
  •   Discussion about what work is needed to be done at the club this year. Suggestions for things that need work done are considered. No motion is made to purchase anything at this time.
  •   Sandune Archery Club is invited to participate at NASP (National Archery in the Schools Program) World Tournament being held June 22 – 26. Setup for the event will begin on the 22nd. Sandune is proud to help promote the sport of archery through this program. Several members are area coaches and will have an opportunity to bring many of our local youth to shoot at this event which will be hosting young archers from all over the world. Approximately 5000 people are expected to attend. If you would like to be a part of this event please contact Beth Anctil, SAC secretary. Let her know days and times you will be available. Club members will vote to purchase shirts that volunteers will wear at this event at a future meeting.
  Old Business:
  •   February 13 & 14 is our next club shoot. Registration will open on Saturday at 9am until 1:30pm with scorecards turned in by 3pm. All scores must be submitted by shooters before they leave the range on the day they shoot. The person at the registration desk will have a notebook to write all the scores in keeping track so that scores can be posted right after the tournament ends on Sunday afternoon.
  •   Notify members about detour that takes them to the club via Bay Rd off Hwy 707 to Enterprise Rd to Butler Rd. Members and guests need to be aware that Enterprise Rd is blocked by construction of Hwy 31.
  •   John Burk is providing the food for the shoot weekend. Volunteers will be needed to help serve concessions and run registration on both days.
  •   Pete Janos has a couple of archery banners he will bring to put up.
  •   Members may bring any archery equipment they have for sale to be put at a table near registration.

Meeting adjourned at 8:05pm with agreement for next meeting to be held on March 8 at 7pm.

Respectfully submitted,
Beth Anctil, Secretary SAC

top of page

back to Reports


January Minutes 1-12-16

Meeting called to order by Kelly Rogers at 7:08pm.
Members in attendance; John Black, Corey Henderson, Ron Connelly, Jim Parks, Tim Smith, Beth Anctil, Brent Qualls.

Welcome new member Jim Parks.

  New Business:

  •   Wahee Archery probably won’t have any tournaments this year. If they offer their range for sale Sandune will make an offer to purchase. Kelly motions to spend up to $1000 for their McKenzie range. Range is approximately 8 months old with new inserts. Motion carries.
  •   Talked about bow trees. There was talk of replacing all the bow trees but the decision is now to just move old bow trees to the new lanes. Some will be cut to shorten and make easier for people to use.
  •   January 30 will be a clean- up day. Members will meet at the club after 9am. All members are welcome to help in any way they can. Some lane clearing still needs to be done. The shoot line at the NASP targets needs to be leveled out and moving the bow trees will be done. Members who help with the work get to shoot for free at club shoots.
  •   Tim Smith is checking on NFAA memberships. If you are a member who is competing for shooter of the year at the SCAA level you must be current in your NFAA membership.
  Old Business:
  •   February 13 & 14 is our next club shoot.

Meeting adjourned at 7:51pm with agreement for next meeting to be held on February 9 at 7pm.

Respectfully submitted,
Beth Anctil, Secretary SAC

top of page

back to Reports